Écobill MD/® NE-R025
Ecobill MD® NE-R025 is an expanded polystyrene-injected thermal insulation (EPS-i) made from grained Type I and II EPS microbeads containing 25% recycled content. Certified raw materials Ecocaptation Injected (i) with an acrylic binder, it forms a rigid, stable, high-performance insulation in-situ in building attics. It dries and sets in just a few days. Ecobill® EPS(i) offers unique and exceptional properties, ideal for existing buildings and new construction.
100% RECYCLED PRODUCT
|Type I expanded polystyrene
|Water-based acrylic binder.
|Greyish and/or white
|0.5 to 2.5 mm
|Microcellular / non-hydrophilic
|15kg/m3 to 18kg/m3
|No swelling, 98% stability
|Wood, plastic, steel, concrete, plaster.
|Yes, cover with fireproof material.
|75 C (max.)
|Does not retain water
|Dust- and vapour-free
|Does not encourage vermin
|Does not promote mould
This insulation product surpasses the requirements of quality standard CAN/ULC-S701 (with modifications). Standards for rigid polystyrene insulation. Tests and test reports by independent laboratories recognized by the Canadian Construction Materials Centre.
|R- 4.3 /in
|0,6% to 2%
|WATER VAPOUR PERMEANCE
|1980 ng/Pa/s/m2 34.6 perms
|ASTM E2178 / AS01210-A
|75 Pa / +49 L/s-m2
|15kg to 18kg/m3
|CDPH01350 – v 1.1
|Class-room / Pass
|COMPRESSIVE STRENGTH AT 10% DEFORMATION (MIN.)
The wall is drilled
Holes are carefully cut to fill voids with a maximum radius of 20 inches (50cm).
We fill the wall with microbeads and binder
The injection gun stops automatically when maximum density is reached. This eliminates the risk of walls bursting.
The microbeads thread their way into gaps as small as 0.5 mm and coat everything in the partition.
Plugging injection holes
Ideally, fill the holes after injection to ensure that the insulation stays in place until completely dry.
The injected microbeads now form an insulator
Drying time can vary from 48 hours to 8 days, depending on the nature of the walls, the ambient temperature and humidity, and the thickness of the injected insulation.
Ecobill MD/® NE-R025 can be injected into air gaps of 1 inch (2.5cm) minimum and 16 inches (40 cm) maximum. In addition to its high thermal value, injected microbead insulation provides excellent control over air movement.
- Walls and foundations
- Floors and ceilings
- Crawl space
Advantages and benefits
PSE-i insulation is suitable:
- Brick and concrete
- Plastic and membrane
Material with low ecological impact
- Recycled material from Eco-capture
- Rated A+ for air quality.
- Contains no HCFCs or HFCs
- 100% recoverable and recyclable
- Does not contaminate materials in contact.
- Reduced ecological footprint and extended life cycle.
Limit of use
- Expanded polystyrene beads (EPS) are flammable. PSE-i insulation must therefore be covered with a fire-retardant material as recommended in the national building code.
- Non-structuring, EPS-i can only be injected into empty spaces consisting of two walls.
- Adheres, but does not stick to surfaces.
- Not to be used in the presence of granular or fibrous materials (e.g. sawdust, cellulose, blown wool, vermiculite). Once mixed, they could contaminate or alter the EPS-i insulation.
- Not to be used in the presence of petroleum-based solvents or their fumes, which may affect the composition of the insulation.
- Insulation must not be subjected to pressure. Crumbly to the touch.
- Must not be exposed to direct sunlight, inclement weather or heat sources over 90C.
- Not to be used in the presence of water, moisture or mould, or on materials showing signs of deterioration.
- Does not replace a vapour-barrier system. Use a liquid vapour-barrier coating on the walls before painting.
Écobill MD/®-NE-R025 insulation meets the following standards and requirements: CAN/ULC-S701 (including modification). 10-year warranty*
Inject-Styrène Technology, Quebec
1038 Iberville, St-Lambert de Lauzon (Qc), G0S-2W0
T : 581-777-3007
C : firstname.lastname@example.org
The data and information contained in this document are presented in good faith and based on sources believed to be reliable. This document contains no representations or warranties, express or implied, as to the information, data and suggestions. Since provincial and municipal regulations may vary, and conditions of use may change over time and from place to place, it is the user’s responsibility to determine whether polystyrene microbead injection is appropriate for the intended use, according to the location and practices in compliance with current standards and regulations.